Peak-4-Karate

This blog logs training methods, ideas, experiences and results of the Kaizen Central Karate Federation. Influenced by sports science and the experience of senior Karate coaches to produce the elite Karate athlete.

Friday 14 August 2009

7.30am....................Killer Hill

A misty morning on the hill for another lactate building session. Jordan Thomas and Carla Burkitt were going for six and Monique Etienne and I were going for four. I felt good on the first one making it difficult for Jordan to catch me from our staggered starts. Unfortunately Jordan pulled his hamstring trying and I advised him to rest from todays session and ice it when we get back. Grade 1 tear to the hamstring attachment of the ischial tuberosity (Bony bit in your buttox lol).

The rest of us plugged on with carla feeling the pinch by the fith rep. Monique ran well today, already showing signs of improvement as for me I'm doing ok. Three reps' last week, four reps' this week and dare I say I'll go for five next week.

No comments: